Before you start building your web applications, you would need to create a database that will contain all of your data and permissions. The next guide will show you how to create a fully functional online database, set up your tables, set your permissions and how to control your future users.
Mybusiness's online database web app builder is based on Parse server's platform, wherefore you will enjoy all that Parse offers and lots more.
You can create your new database from two different areas:
1. The database control panel.
2. The page you are working on.
Database control panel
In order to setup your new database, go to your database control panel and click on “Create new database”.
Next, you will name your database and it will appear in your databases list.
Throughout the guide, we are going to use a database that includes a "user" table and a "car" table.
Clicking on a database from your database list will open your new work area:
In the top left toolbar you will find three tabs:
1. Users – View, create and edit your registered users. Under the user tab you can change each user’s permission separately and set his roles.
2. Roles – Roles allow you to set groups of permission that can be given to users and tables, for example: site admins, editors, users, etc. In the roles tab you will be able to create and manage your roles and set their permissions.
3. Tables – Tables tab will take you to the control panel of your database tables. Here you will be able to create, edit and delete tables and separately set their permissions.
Create or connect a database straight from your page
While editing your page in the website editor you can simply create and connect it to a database.
Click on the database icon from the top left bar and select your database from the dropdown list.
To create a new database click on "+ New database", to enter the new database click on "Go to database".